My photo
Appointments in Danielson and N Stonington CT, and via Skype, FaceTime and telephone - 1/2 hour session $30.00 US.

Gall Bladder

Our gall bladder is essential to digestion, although the way people have them removed, it seems hard to believe. It begins the digestion and absorption for the rest of the body to be nourished. When the gall bladder is not working properly, there is usually a feeling of fullness after eating - that stuffed and stuck feeling. If it gets really bad, you may even feel gall bladder pain in the back of the body. When the digestion is extremely poor, you may begin to experience reflux. This is also a gall bladder symptom. Many times when people believe they have pulled out their back, it may be the gall bladder has been abused. If they think about it, they'll find they have been eating a lot of foods lately that aggravate the poor gall bladder.
Other symptoms of gall bladder may be irritating gas symptoms. If very little bile is being produced the body may discharge the food through the system very quickly creating diarrhea instead of bloating. Food that is not digested properly can cause bowel movements with strong odors.

In America, this organ is definitely overworked. And when the gall bladder is not working correctly, the arteries suffer. The gall bladder will use the arteries to store the fats and cholesterol if is unable to digest. As the nurturing area cleans up, so do the arteries. It's amazing how this body works!

The foods to avoid to heal the Gall Bladder:
No fried food, no hydrogenated oils, no pork, no COW cheese. Substitute with good quality oils (read labels) including extra virgin olive oil, (we prefer Greek or Italian for quality), avocado oil, organic and unrefined oils including sunflower, sesame or safflower. Make sure the products you purchase contain good oils - read labels! Substitute your cheese with soy, rice, sheep or goat cheese. These do not seem to affect the gall bladder. Avoid walnuts & roasted cashews, as both are high in oils. If the gall bladder is very bad, all seeds & nuts may need to be avoided for a few weeks until such time as the gall bladder cleans itself out.

Herbs & supplements that are beneficial to the Gall Bladder: Again, my favorites for this area include dandelion, burdock root and yellow dock root. They do a wonderful job with the whole nurturing center. If you have doubts, always start with a tea first as it is less potent than the capsules, or try the tincture where you can start slowly with one drop and work you way upward to five drops per day. Drinking pure water with a little fresh lemon may also be helpful to detoxify this area.

Physical symptoms of the Gall Bladder: A gall bladder that is not functioning to its fullest potential can create many physical symptoms, including bloating, burping, gas, and reflux. The gall bladder can also create a pain in the lower back if it gets really out of control as well as diarrhea. Watching for physical symptoms especially after eating the foods that aggravate this area will give you a clear indication of what you are dealing with.

Negative emotions that aggravate the Gall Bladder:
The gall bladder is where we store our fear, our worries and our anxieties, especially fears of making mistakes, fear of the wrong decision, fear of rejection or fears of failure. It's no wonder so many are taken out. We have become professionals in surrounding ourselves in our fears. In order to overcome your fears, you have to jump right in and face them. The flowers help us to learn how to do this.

The two flower essences used for these types of fear are: Aspen for unknown fears and Mimulus for known fears. Larch is also often used for gall bladder issues especially if the person is afraid to fail in life or afraid of rejection. The gall bladder also holds the energy of self-esteem.
Larch can be a funny personality type. On the outside, they may seem confident and secure, but they may set such high standards that if they make a mistake, they beat themselves up for it.

These personality types tend to have a very sensitive digestive system.

13 comments:

fish wife said...

thank u

Anonymous said...

I had my gall bladder removed emergently in April. What do you suggest to help promote my healing? I suspect I had gall bladder issues for at least 2 years.

Linda Wojcik, Nutritional Kinesiologist, Spiritual Intuitive, Flower Practitioner said...

First and foremost, it is time to avoid the foods that aggravate the gall bladder which are all fried food, hydrogenated oils, pork and cow cheese. That is where to begin. Next, the gall bladder holds the energy of fears - fear to fail, fear to make a mistake, fear of the wrong decision, fear of rejection. So it is time to give energy to healing those fears. You can learn more about flower essences that help us heal our fears at my website "Healing emotions." Also, I think Dandelion Root tea every morning can help flush the liver which will have to take over for the gall bladder. Every organ has a job so someone has to now do the gall bladder's job... Hope this helps

Arboleda said...

Thank you very much for this information. I've been struggling with gall bladder issues for a few years and found out I have gallstones 7 months ago. Started taking homeopath medicine and it's working but I still don't know what foods to avoid. I just discovered that cow cheese is not good. I'll try the Dandelion Root tea. Thanks, again!

Anonymous said...

i was told about 3 or 4 yrs ago i have small gallstones but ive been experiencing bloating, low back pain. i really dont want to have surgery so ive been looking for alternative way to heal myself. i do worry alot and ive notice its been affecting my abdominal area. is there anything i can do to get rid of the galstones and heal the inflammation

Anonymous said...

This has been the most informative post on gall bladder signs and symptoms. Thank you! in one reading through your post, I could pull together every symptom I have had and be more definitive about the direction I need to pursue. Again, thank you so much.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for writing this post. I have been suffering with gallbladder issues for 1.5 years and I'm young! Only 25. I've had to change my diet and work really hard to be pain free. I will also be cutting out nuts now thank you.

Linda Wojcik, Nutritional Kinesiologist, Spiritual Intuitive, Flower Practitioner said...

Dear Sarah:

As you have read (hopefully) the gall bladder holds the emotion of fears especially fear to fail, fear to make a mistake, fear of the wrong decision and fear of rejection. Its no wonder so many of us have lost our gall bladders. I, like you, believe that we are all healable, and yes it will take hard work. Remember, its only 'hard' (right now) because it is a new way of being. Once, this new way of being becomes our 'natural' way of being, it will one day become the easy way. I hope I can help you through making healthy easy and fun!

I look forward to working with you soon!

Unknown said...

hey I don't have the usual symptoms of gallbladder I just experience belching and the feeling of an air bubble in my stomach no stones but my hida scan with cck came back 19% one doc says remove it another doc says if I remove it my problems wont go away I am miserable I don't know what to do help....

Unknown said...

hey I don't have the common issues I belch all the time with mild indigestion no stones but my hida scan with cck came back at 19% one doc wants to remove it another says removing it wont stop issues I don't know what to do help...

Linda Wojcik, Nutritional Kinesiologist, Spiritual Intuitive, Flower Practitioner said...

Hello Scott: Eliminating a body part would always be my last option; however, it is an option I supposed. Its your body; you'll have to make that call. However, I would look at the foods that I am eating to see if there is anything that needs attention. Do you eat a lot of heavy meats, bad oils, fried foods, fast foods? If you want to do this naturally to see if you can heal yourself, that would be the first place to begin. Dandelion Root tea every morning can help to flush the gall bladder.

It may also be tied to the energy associated with that area which is where we hold our fears - fear of failure, mistakes, rejection, decisions. Are you connected to these types of fears? That may be an issue in need of attention as well.

If you decide you would like to try vibrational healing, I would be happy to assist you through the process.

diana said...

Hello, Linda ~
I was drawn to read this section a few days ago and realized that my gall bladder has been speaking to me recently. While I remembered some of this, it was wonderful to be able to refer to these guidelines that had helped me heal my gall bladder in the past with very little effort. I'm so happy to see that I didn't have to wait to get to the desperate point this time before I could recognize what was going on in my body because I've experienced it before! Larch is key to my current emotional state, while enjoying a cup of dandelion tea in the morning and adding a burdock root capsule to my vitamins before dinner will help rebalance my gall bladder. I've also made a few dietary adjustments. After only two days, I can already feel the shifts that are taking place and my gall bladder is breathing a big sigh of relief! I can almost hear it say, "Thank you for listening to me!" I love that!
~ Diana

Linda Wojcik, Nutritional Kinesiologist, Spiritual Intuitive, Flower Practitioner said...

Thank you Diana for taking the time to share your experiences. Our bodies are amazing tools asking to be healed... sometimes screaming. All we have to do is listen!